It is a relief to not see your own representative listed in articles such as the one below on "Health INSURANCE Reform":
Congratulations for being such a strong and active district making every effort to "Hold your Congress Member Accountable"
Please post your own thoughts below as well.
How They Voted on Health Care ReformMarch 22, 2010 - by Donny Shaw
As I reported last night, the House of Representative passed the final vote needed to send health care reform to President Obama to be signed into law. The bill was approved with a handful of votes to spare, even though no Republicans ended up voting in favor. Here’s a more detailed look at how lawmakers of the House voted.
(If you don’t know who your Representative in Congress is, go to the My-Representative.org, and enter your zip to find out.)
The final vote was 219-212.
Every single Republican in the House voted “no.”
87% of the Democrats (219) voted “yes.”
34 Democrats voted “no,” 67% of which are members of the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Coalition.
A list of all the Democrats who voted “no” is below.
- Rep. John Adler [D, NJ-3]
- Rep. Jason Altmire [D, PA-4]
- Rep. Michael Arcuri [D, NY-24]
- Rep. John Barrow [D, GA-12]
- Rep. Robert Berry [D, AR-1]
- Rep. Dan Boren [D, OK-2]
- Rep. Frederick Boucher [D, VA-9]
- Rep. Bobby Bright [D, AL-2]
- Rep. Ben Chandler [D, KY-6]
- Rep. Travis Childers [D, MS-1]
- Rep. Artur Davis [D, AL-7]
- Rep. Lincoln Davis [D, TN-4]
- Rep. Thomas Edwards [D, TX-17]
- Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin [D, SD-0]
- Rep. Tim Holden [D, PA-17]
- Rep. Larry Kissell [D, NC-8]
- Rep. Frank Kratovil [D, MD-1]
- Rep. Daniel Lipinski [D, IL-3]
- Rep. Stephen Lynch [D, MA-9]
- Rep. James Marshall [D, GA-8]
- Rep. Jim Matheson [D, UT-2]
- Rep. Mike McIntyre [D, NC-7]
- Rep. Michael McMahon [D, NY-13]
- Rep. Charles Melancon [D, LA-3]
- Rep. Walter Minnick [D, ID-1]
- Rep. Glenn Nye [D, VA-2]
- Rep. Collin Peterson [D, MN-7]
- Rep. Mike Ross [D, AR-4]
- Rep. Heath Shuler [D, NC-11]
- Rep. Ike Skelton [D, MO-4]
- Rep. Zachary Space [D, OH-18]
- Rep. John Tanner [D, TN-8]
- Rep. Gene Taylor [D, MS-4]
- Rep. Harry Teague [D, NM-2]